Wednesday 16 April 2014

People Should Smile More


The shy smile.
The nervous smile.
The 'you have to be kidding me' smile.
The 'I'm so glad you walked into the room' smile.
The sexy smile.
The great big toothy grin.
The 'it's threatening to turn into a belly laugh' smile.
The 'I'm up to something' smile.
The 'I'm so proud of you' smile.

There are so many more smiles than this in the world, all with their own unique magic. Even the polite 'please go away' smile is nice in it's own way. At least someone is trying to be nice  to another instead of just telling them to '*$%~ off'

We all love those little rays of sunshine that even on the greyest day brighten your life. But I can't help feeling that bacteria could learn a something from the little ol' smile. It is the most contagious thing I have ever observed, one smile and a couple of seconds later it spreads to the next person and the next and the next. It's one thing I never mind catching though!

But if there isn't one around to catch and you haven't got a reason to smile, try faking it for a while...you never know, it might turn into a real smile and start a epidemic.



My munchkins...two of the best smilers in the world (of course I am completely biased) and they infect me every day. Who have you infected lately? When was the last time you smiled at a passer by or a cashier and brightened their day? May be we should start smiling more?

5 comments:

  1. That list is so classic -- I found myself smiling at each one because I know exactly what you're talking about. This is such a great post. Your munchkins make me happy and I've not even met them in real life -- that's a strong infection ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have asked you to add your own smiles to the list, I'm sure you have one to add that I've missed ;-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was supposed to say "smiles" in between those arrows. Stupid comment box. Grr. !!

      Eek! I mean....[fake it, fake it, fake it] SMILES. Ahhhh.

      Delete
    2. Ha ha, that made me smile for real at least :-D

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts

PS Thanks for taking the time to stop by