Tuesday 27 March 2012

All that we are...

Having read a.eye's post yesterday it got me to thinking, dangerous I know!! Should we always put all of ourselves 'out there'?

I guess this is particularly poignant in the blogsphere. It is so easy to hit publish on a post composed in the privacy of your own home and thoughts, but is this always wise? I started this blog as a way to get a second opinion on my writing, to muse about things on my mind or even waffle on about random things going on in my head, but it doesn't always work out like that.

I am a natural 'wear my heart on my sleeve' kinda girl and pretty much everyone knows what is going on with me at any given moment. However, the more I write the more I discover that there are thoughts, emotions and discoveries that are purely for me and not to be shared! Completely the opposite of what I expected from writing. Life is sometimes like that, sets you off down a path that you thought was leading you in one direction only to find yourself somewhere else of equally stunning  beauty.

bleeding heart single
view original here

What do you think? Are there things that we should keep just for us or should we share and see what happens, good or bad?

3 comments:

  1. I think we should always follow our hearts. If our heart says, "This means so much to me, I have to say something about it!" then we should. But if our heart says, "This means so much to me, I don't want to say anything about it (because I don't want people to take it, or make fun of it, to make it somehow less precious...)." then we should.

    Know what I mean? And for everyone that's going to look different.

    I love that even though you're going in a different direction than you initially planned, you're still seeing that things are equally stunning and beautiful.

    I know so many people who are in a different place now than they thought they'd be, and are so bitter and angry about it. So kudos to you for choosing to do otherwhise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very eloquently put :-)

    Taking the unexpected path can lead to unexpected magic. I once purposefully got myself lost in Newcastle and discovered some fantastic architecture and a fab little shop where everything on sale had been hand made within 10 miles. If I had take the prescribed routes I would have never discovered these things, or whoopie pies for that matter ;-)

    Live life on the look-out for the unexpected, bitter and twisted wastes too much energy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Life is sometimes like that, sets you off down a path that you thought was leading you in one direction only to find yourself somewhere else of equally stunning beauty." So true!! Sometimes I feel like I miss seeing that changing path, and might turn in the wrong direction! Glad I helped prompt your thoughts on this area of writing.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts

PS Thanks for taking the time to stop by