Monday 24 March 2014

The Dream

The pressure of his thumbs working into her shoulders felt divine. The weight of his fingers curling over her collar bone pulled the stress of the day away. She closed her eyes and sighed enjoying the moment, breathing in the smell of the outdoors that he brought with him. Each mirrored circle moving up her neck was bliss pulling a smile at the corner of her lips.

"Better?" he whispered into her ear.

"Mmmmm" was all she could muster as he started to trail kisses down her jaw line. "But now I know this will all end soon."

"Why?" he asked, confusion laced in his voice.

"Because I have wished for this so many times. Coveted those hands, lingered over those lips so many times. But I will never actually feel the relief like this." She sighed, water lacing her lashes threatening to over spill to her cheek. She almost wished it would then her would wipe it away tenderly like he always did. "You are just a dream my love, nothing more. A fantastical and wonderful illusion that I will wake up from shortly"

"Are you sure about that?" he enquired with a twinkle in his eye that she had never seen before, he usually just looked as sad as she did. Her dreams were getting cruel.

"Pretty sure. When I close my eyes you'll disappear and this will never have happened, except in my heart"

"Try it and see then, but lets hope the temptation to tickle you when you have your eyes closed is not too great"

So with a deep breath she looked deep into his ice blue eyes, lingering on the tiny dark flecks and closed her eyes allowing the tear to slide down her cheek...


3 comments:

  1. And then???? Oh, you are a tease!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I love that you allude to how this time is different -- the glint in his eye. Is there more? I'm thinking we need to know more. Where do I find more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And then........I don't know!!! I'm sorry, do you want to know a secret??

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts

PS Thanks for taking the time to stop by