Thursday 3 January 2013

Random Thursday - Best Ever New Year

I have had the best New Year in probably about 16 years. We had no plans, no wild parties, no fire works, no-one else to celebrate with......just us. Now we never make plans and never celebrate with any one but usually end up in bed before the dongs.

I think that is what made this year so special, simplicity!

New Year's Eve: The kids didn't last till midnight (although I didn't expect them to) so a glass of wine, a log fire and New Year's Eve the DVD it was. Corny in it's entirety but I loved every minute!! (my previous best was baked beans on toast al a carte)

New Year's Day: A sunrise, coffee and a note pad. Followed by a family walk on the beach and a hot chocolate to warm up with afterwards...I tell you what the pictures tell the story better.

 
Blue sky and sunshine we could be anywhere, right?
 
Sunbathing like this?? Um No!
 
 
Yep, that's more like it!
 
 
We splashed over the rivers in the sand
 
 
Spotted Nessie (although there was some debate about this one!)
 
 
Click on this one to see a bigger picture and you will realise that we definitely weren't in Kansas (yes it was a little windy)
 
 
Yummy warm up treats and a spot of me time, only a spot though....
 
 
Because Jessie showed up Yee Haw :-)
 
I hope your New Year transition was a magical as mine. What did you get up to?
 
Oh and I have discovered the joys of Jared Leto and 30 Seconds to Mars. I have loved everything I have heard, favourite so far being Hurricane, but had to share this....they have covered one of my all time favourite songs and did it justice :-) Plus the topic seemed to fit given our wander today!!
 
 
 

 
All as part of your Random Thursday's broadcast from Sleepy Joe, linking up with Larissa at Papa is a Preacher (head on over she is cool and loves hot chocolate as much as I do!)
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad your new years celebrations were everything you wanted them to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know, I didn't plan for any of it really. It all just kind of happened and it turned out perfect. New rule....don't plan (wow that could end up being a disaster)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely new years!
    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how much do I love your pictures? So, so much. Yay for a successful new year, so far. And yay for this song, in any version, but you're right that these guys definitely do justice. Well done men, and well done Sleepy Joe for finding them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now THAT is how it's done. And geez, I could really use a beach and some of that marvelous hot chocolate right about now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly think this will become our New Year tradition!!

      Delete
  5. SHE REMEMBERED! haha... I'm so glad you did! Thank you! (:

    THREE CHEERS for hot chocolate lovers! :D

    Your New Year's Eve sounds very similar to ours...
    Wish I could go for a walk along the beach...
    And Jessie is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not promising anything for this week though ;-)

      And you should have seen her as Snow White, followed by the wicked witch!

      Delete
  6. That New Year's looks EXACTLY the right speed! And your daughters are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately it is hard picking up the pace now work and school have started again!

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts

PS Thanks for taking the time to stop by