Tuesday, 1 January 2013
New Year, New Rules
Because today is a new day, a new year and life is a work in progress!!
With a significant amount of help from Loki at The Modfather I have decided not to make any resolutions as such but to set myself some simple rules to live by. Well seriously I have a crap track record at following through with my resolutions...last year I wanted to keep in touch with friends and family on a much more regular basis....epic fail and write more...not so epic fail but I have yet to complete a story I have started!! I did however manage to find the courage to post more original writing on here, all thanks to your encouragement dear readers!!
Anyway, as I was saying, not resolutions, no specific goals, just some simple rules to live my life by on a daily (ish) basis.
1. Do what makes you happy, this is no-one else's life but yours so live it!
2. Be yourself and never be embarrassed of who you are.
3. Listen to your body, if it is telling you to slow down or that there is something wrong now is a good time to take a break!!
4. Spend time with the people that make you smile, they might not be there tomorrow!
5. Take time each day to see something beautiful in the world around you, it might not be there tomorrow!
6. Make time for the things you want to do, there might not be another tomorrow!
7. Appreciate what and who you have in your life.
8. Carry out random acts of kindness on a regular basis, they are great for lifting the soul.
9. Don't be too hard on yourself, you do not have super powers and they have not discovered and extra hour in the day as yet!!
10. If all else fails stick to the first three at least!!
I hope you enjoyed your New Year celebrations last night, I hope you got to ring in the new day with the one you love.
Lets make 2013 rock ;-)
Happy New Year xx