Friday 27 January 2012

Never Enough Hours...

As I rushed out of the door this morning, ushering my seven year old, who has no sense of urgency what so ever, out before me, it reminded me of a poem I wrote last year and knew in that moment what to post tonight.

It was inspired by a photo from my favourite photographer, a very surrealist picture that embodies what modern life has become!



For more images check out Lee Johnson's blog http://leejohnsonphotography.blogspot.com/p/gallery.html

Slaves to Time

Keep up we're going to be late
The morning mantra to the school gate
When did life stop being so simple
Memories of childhood beginning to dwindle

Oh to be a Time Lord and slow the tick-tock
No longer having to worship the clock
So much to do, so little time
To keep life balanced, a very fine line

Sorry Mr Davies, no time to spare
There is no time to 'stop and stare'
Make like the white rabbit, don't get left behind
As we are all Slaves to Time.

I was reading Lo Johnston's blog today (http://lojwriting.blogspot.com/) and one of the tips for improving your blog is to post frequently. This has been a feature in a number of blogs I have read since discovering this cyber world. Yet the problem is and probably always will be....Time! Although many will say; if this is what you want to do, if you really love to write or blog or anything for that matter, you will find time (I am trying honestly).

My time seems to be, silly o'clock at night when the rest of the house is asleep; aside from our hamster, Phileas, who is nibbling on nuts as I type tonight. When do you find your time to do what ever it is that you love?

2 comments:

  1. Same as you hun - just wish I could magic up a few more hours in my day but then we should be using them to sleep! There's just so much I want and need to get done - what happened to our promises in the new year about making time for a chat!!!!!!!! Maybe when I'm closer the kids can play and we can chat x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Better get something booked in, calendar nearly full for Feb / March :-/

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts

PS Thanks for taking the time to stop by