Monday 7 November 2011

Episode 2

Why is it the things you think you will remember from your school days are the things you don't end up remembering at all. I have been trying all day to remember the things that happened at school, all I have come up with are the few teachers that put the time in and were an influence on me, even if I didn't know it at the time!! The friends I spent time with, but for some ridiculous reason or another didn't keep in touch with! The numerous crushes I had, that came to nothing. But mostly I remember the start of my relationship with Paul.
I remember the excited feeling I'd get just before we were due to meet, they way we would sit and talk for hours about not very much at all and the undeniable feeling that this was forever. He was the man I was going to marry! Some people criticise YA novels such as the Twilight series, for the way the idealise fatalistic relationships. The idea that teaching our teenagers that love can be all consuming is not healthy seems to me to be very tunnel visioned. Sometimes it does happen like that, I fell in love with Paul and I knew then that it would be forever. Should I have made more of an effort to keep my connection with friends? May be. Would I change anything in my life? No! I still love my Husband, with all I am, 15 years in and I have two beautiful girls to boot, how can that be seen as unhealthy??

2 comments:

  1. An excellent argument for love in all it's shapes and styles. Sometimes I think people who criticize your kind of experience are simply just jaded. I think you are blessed, and I'm happy that you are. It's very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you trip into my archives has made me look back on some of my posts. I had completly forgotten about this one too!

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts

PS Thanks for taking the time to stop by