Saturday 4 August 2012

Motivation: Day 4 Change of Plans

So I was just logging on to type my post today, all about giving yourself a little break and not worrying about making a mistake. While waiting for the computer to warm up my other half had the Olympic athletics on in the background. How inspirational!!!

Jessica Ennis won the Heptathlon by a country mile. Even though team GB getting a gold medal is great, that is not the inspirational thing for me. Jess went into the last event (800 meters) only needing to finish within so many seconds of her rivals. She set off ahead of the pack and then was overtaken, 'its ok' we were saying, 'she doesn't have to win to get gold'. Yet as the finial stretch came you could see the determination on her face, if she was going to win gold she was doing so by winning the race and promptly overtook those ahead of her, winning without seeming to break a sweat.

This doesn't exactly gel with the day I have had. Don't get me wrong I have had a great day at a local food festival; trying foods I shouldn't really be eating, helping the kids make loads of Roald Dhal inspired treats (Mr Twits beard cupcakes, lickable wallpaper, sherbet slurpers, square sweets that look a round). The moral to this post, if you fall off the waggon for the day don't worry, it will be ok. Tomorrow I will be remembering the determination on Jessica Ennis' face and keeping my head in the game!!


Yummy local foods for tea. Mmmmmmm

See you all tomorrow ;-)

8 comments:

  1. I think Mr Twits beard cupcakes, lickable wallpaper, and sherbet slurpers are all things we should eat, just not all the time. I love that you shared this experience with your kids, and I hope it adds to your motivation and movement forward, rather than detracting. Yay for yummy local foods for tea. Again -- too bad about the ocean :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and the cupcakes were to die for ;-)

      Bah to the ocean, I just googled it and apparently it is getting bigger :-(

      Delete
  2. I'm with Deb. When falling off the wagon, doing it with foods inspired by Mr. Dahl is the most spectacular way to do it. It can hardly be considered a fail. So much sexier than just sticking your head in a box of doughnuts, which is what I would do. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dahl treats were very yummy, but who doesn't love a box of doughnuts. Krispy Kreme's seem to be taking over in stores this side of the Atlantic and they are sooooo hard to ignore!!

      Delete
  3. I was totally impressed that Ennis finished so strong when she didn't need to.

    It was indeed inspirational for us "normal" people to keep working hard even when we know we are able to get away with not doing so.

    Good luck all you are working to get back on the wagon with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum yum that food looks fab. Its definitely ok to fall off the wagon its just remembering to get back on! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, bit of a stumble getting back on today.....maybe tomorrow ;-)

      Delete

Penny for your thoughts

PS Thanks for taking the time to stop by