Monday 6 August 2012

Motivation: Day 6 - All Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

The title for this post comes to you courtesy of the other half (and he says I never mention him, bah!)

This is the saga to date:

Back in April I felt in need of a change, some decorating, re-modelling maybe? Because sometimes I can be inherently lazy I opted instead for re-accessorising with added extras.

Imagine if you can a green oasis of calm in your house. A serene room where you can just be, a comfortable room where you can drift off into peaceful slumber, a welcoming room filled with laughter on a weekend morning. This was the vision for my bedroom, a few choice accessories and a new comfy bed and I could relax in my new haven.

The bed was ordered; a lovely brown leather number, a new throw and cushions purchased, beautiful prints for the walls chosen (ones that you can stare at and loose yourself in!). All that stood between me and my dream...a delivery date!

A dream becomes a nightmare
The wait is never ending
It becomes infinitely worse
When sleeping on the floor
Six weeks and counting
A local firm employed instead
The anticipation too great
It will arrive tomorrow
Even if it is three months late!

I am crossing all fingers, touching as much wood as possible, for tomorrow my comfy new bed should arrive!

Ok, so maybe I am a little giddy with excitement. I will update you tomorrow, for now I am off for one final night with out a bed, hopefully!!

6 comments:

  1. I love the bit about your other half! So funny :) And your poem was perfect. I don't know how you do it. Yay for having a bed finally, and for going such a long time without so you will know how awesome having a bed is. I'm willing to bet you'll have the best sleep of anyone I know tomorrow night. Ooo, I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had to stop myself from trying it out as I may not have gotten off it to post tonight!!

      Delete
  2. Wow!! Six weeks without a bed? You are really strong and probably really in need of that new bed for a comfortable sleep. I hope you love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it and I haven't even got in to it yet! Thanks.

      Delete
  3. fingers and toes crossed it comes and is perfect x x x

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts

PS Thanks for taking the time to stop by